I am about halfway through my kid’s summer vacation and there have been a few days where that I have gotten the “Bored Look”. We still have a way to go till school starts, and through personal experience, here are 5 Frugal Summer Activities that will keep the kiddos entertained.
1. Dress Up – I keep all of the past Halloween Costumes, beads from Parades, old purses, and sunglasses so that my children have items to play dress-up in. I put them in a tote and when the kids get bored, I bring it out and let their creativity soar.
2. Water Colors – I picked up 3 sets of Water Color Paints for $1.99 each at Michaels. I gave the kids a theme, construction paper, and they tried to create it in art. Other times, I just tell them to use their imagination, and I end up with plenty of unique pieces to show for it.
One time I asked my son to create a beach scene for his bathroom, check it out here Frame Your Child’s Original Themed Artwork! Frugal and Fun Decorating Idea!
3. Movie Time – I take advantage of the RedBox for an over night rental and we also subscribe to Netflix. If you are looking for FREE Movies, check out your local Library.
4. Jewelry Making – My kids have loom band kits, and we also have a bead kit that I bought at Michaels on clearance. FYI, I see these on clearance frequently so you can also pick these up cheaper.
Here is an example of a kit we used Making Homemade Beaded Bracelets! A Surprisingly Easy Craft for the Kids!
5. Cereal Play– You can do a lot with cereal. Whether making edible jewelry, creating artwork, or coming up with games. For ideas, check out my post on 4 Fun Crafts and Activities to Do with Froot Loops! Frugal and Fun Child Activities!
What are your “Go To” activities to beat summer boredom? I would love hear your ideas!
I hope you can get some fun activity inspiration from this post and enjoy the rest of your summer!