The following is a sponsored post on behalf of Scott’s Liquid Gold Enzyme Based Cleaners KidsNPets and BIZ, opinions expressed are that of my own.
Now that the weather is beginning to warm up, it is time to start the annual spring cleaning process.
Since we have been spending a lot more time at home, I have definitely become more aware of the dirt and the smells that come from living in our house.
I happen to be a person that cleans most spaces throughout the year, but there are certain projects that I prefer to work on annually. Thanks to Scotts Liquid Gold, this year I have been using Enzyme Based Cleaners to help tackle this process.
Check out where to Spring Clean with Enzyme Based Cleaners.
- Rugs – My rugs and carpets accumulate a lot of dirt from 5 people and over time take on a musty odor from having a dog. To help remove this grime and smell, I washed my small rugs with regular detergent and added in liquid BIZ to help thoroughly clean, deodorize and brighten the material. In addition, I have been spraying KidsNPets on area rugs to help remove odors. FYI, you can also use KidsNPets on stains or urine.
- Vacuum Filters – Now it only makes sense that the smell that in my rugs would also be in my vacuum cleaner. To eliminate that odor, I washed my vacuum’s reusable foam filter and added liquid BIZ along with my regular detergent. I can tell you that the filter smells so much better and it releases a great scent into the room when I vacuum. I also have been using KidsNPets on my handheld vacuum’s filter to remove smells. Since it is not washable material, I simply clean the filter off with a brush, spray it with KidsNPets, and allow the filter to dry before I place it back into the container.
- Window Coverings – Again, it is just that time of year to take down my front window sheers to get rid of the dust. To clean these, I added in BIZ with my detergent and they came out like new. Plus, it is nice to no longer see dust along where the sheers lay on the edge of the curtain rod.
- Pillow Covers and Blankets – Obviously we use blankets more in the winter and our throw pillows are in constant use year round. Adding in BIZ along with the regular detergent I use, gave them a thorough clean and wonderful smell.
- Tile Grout– Like I mentioned before we are a full house and because of this it is a constant battle to try to keep the tile grout clean. I used BIZ Powder on my floors by creating a paste with a small amount of water. I then applied that mixture with a scrub brush to the grout. When I finished, I wiped up all the paste and cleaner with a wet sponge. After the grout dried, it looked so clean and bright. Tip: BIZ suggests wearing gloves and leaving the paste on for 10 minutes. If there is white residue left behind after it dries, simply go over it again with a wet sponge.
Why are Enzyme Based Cleaners so effective on Odors, Grim, and Dirt?
According to the KidsNPets Website, enzymes naturally attack and digest all kinds of biodegradable stains like grass, urine, wine, blood, feces, coffee, vomit and their odors. As for BIZ, it has more stain fighters than other brands with Enzamix™, Peroxide, Detergents, and Whitening Agents.
All of this cleaning has really freshened up the scent inside my home, and I love how clean my tile looks, the kiddos even noticed the difference. What Spring Cleaning projects would you use these products on? To see what else these Enzyme Based Cleaners can do, visit KidsNPets and BIZ.
…and thanks to Scott’s Liquid Gold, I have been authorized to giveaway a Enzyme Based Cleaners Prize Pack to one lucky Fun Learning Life Reader. This is approximately over a $15 value.
To enter, please follow the directions via the Rafflecopter Form below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Participants must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Fun Learning Life is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “ Enzyme Based Cleaners Prize Pack winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Fun Learning Life does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor. Fun Learning Life does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.