A special thank you goes out to Walt Disney World for providing my daughter and I press passes. Opinions expressed are that of my own.
I have been fortunate enough to have visited the Magic Kingdom a few times during my life, and I have been through the park all in one day. On one recent visit however, I went alone with my daughter and let her set the pace. I have to admit that this was one of the most pleasurable experiences I have had so far at a Disney Property.
Letting my 6 year old be our guide versus trying to get it all in, gave me a totally different view of the Disney Adventure. Check out what she chose to do below:
1. Explore the stores in the Magic Kingdom: We visited both the Emporium and Castle Couture. She just wanted to walk around and see the products. This in itself was an adventure for her and she didn’t even ask to purchase anything. She just wanted to explore and see what was new with her favorite Disney Characters.
2. Start up a pin collection and Disney Pin Trading: Family members and myself had picked her up a few pins and on this trip I bought her a lanyard. I also picked up mystery pins and she immediately traded with a cast member. Such a COOL moment.
3. Ride the rides she picked: We rode the Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid as many times as she liked, then Dumbo the Flying Elephant, we then rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. (I did specially request It’s A Small World for Tradition) No fast or what she considered scary rides, and we had just as much fun.
4. Character Autographs: We managed to get 4 for her Official Walt Disney World Resort Autograph Book. In Storybrook Circus, she loved visiting with Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy.
5. Visit the Castles and Eat at the Beasts Castle AKA Be Our Guest Restaurant: My daughter only wanted to eat here and I made this wish come true. She had meatloaf shaped like Mickey and I had Salmon. It was a delicious meal and after we finished, we toured the inside.
(Thank you to Disney for capturing this Magical Moment)
6. Star in Enchanted Tales with Belle – Little Miss got to be Mrs. Potts in a reenactment of Beauty and the Beast. She thought this was the coolest thing ever. FYI for a chance to be picked, be sure to have your child go to the front and volunteer to participate.
Have you ever taken your child alone to a theme park? What is your favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom?
This was such a magical trip for us both and awesome mother daughter time. If you have an opportunity to visit a park one on one with your child, I highly recommend it.