My son enjoying his green milk and
Absolutely Almond Pound Cake on St. Patrick’s Day.
I was recently sent a variety of Tastefully Simple products from Rachel Land – Tastefully Simple Ind. Consultant to try and review here on At Home Moma. I have eaten Tastefully Simple products before, but I have never prepared one of their mixes and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to prepare the food.
The first item I made was the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake. I decided to let the kids help me, because it only needed me to add two additional ingredients, 3/4 Cup of butter, and 1 cup of water. That was it!
Here they are getting ready to make the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake.
The prep time was maybe 10 minutes (because the kids were doing it) and the rest of the time was spent cooking it.
And since St. Patrick’s Day was the next day, I added some green food coloring to the mix. (Normally it would be an off white color.)
The house smelled great while this was cooking. Of course as soon as it was cool enough, my husband and I had to cut a piece and try it. My husband loves spritz cookies at Christmas time, which have an almond taste, and he said this reminded him of the cookies. Then, he said “Can you order some more of this?”
The finished product.
I also prepared the Bountiful Beer Bread, which again was so easy because all it needed was a 12 oz beer and 3 tablespoons of butter. And again, it smelled and tasted great. I cut a piece and spread butter on it. It was delicious.
Finally, I prepared the Onion Onion Seasoning Blend. I made it into a dip to take to a St. Patrick’s Day party along with green veggies. All it needed was 1 cup of Sour Cream. If you like onions, you will like this dip. Almost all of it was gone when I left the party.
For update information on products and product sales, check out Rachel’s Page on Facebook.
To see what is available at Tastefully Simple visit her web-page at tastefullysimple.com/web/rland.
About Rachel Land and Tastefully Simple:
Rachel Land started selling Tastefully Simple when a friend of hers hosted a party. She decided that she loved the food so much, that she needed to share it with other people. Rachel loves the freedom the business gives her because she can work when she wants to work. Plus, she admits that she is not a chef by any means, but every time she whips something up from Tastefully Simple, her husband, family, and friends are impressed. She says, “It’s delicious and so easy to prepare, I can’t help but blush as I take the credit.”
Tastefully Simple offers a wide selection of convenient, easy-to-prepare foods designed to help people spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the rest of their lives. Their products are available through independent Tastefully Simple consultants primarily at home taste-testing parties nationwide.
As a special to At Home Moma Readers, now until the end of March 3/30/11, you will receive an additional 10% off your order. Simply email Rachel directly at TSbyRachel@gmail.com and tell her you are from At Home Moma and what items you would like to order.
Thanks to Rachel Land – Tastefully Simple Ind. Consultant, one lucky At Home Moma reader will receive A Tastefully Simple Prize Pack with $30 worth of product . This giveaway will end Friday April 8, 2011 at 11:59pm EST after which a winner will be chosen via Random.org.
Up to (6) entries per person for this giveaway.
You will need to make an individual entry for each one of the steps below and submit each time, so your entries will count.
The Mandatory Entry
Fill out the entry form with your name, email , and answer the question, Then Hit Submit.
* Become a fan of Rachel Land – Tastefully Simple Ind. Consultant Facebook Page, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit (if you are already a fan, you get the entry also, just follow the directions above) I would love it if you told them At Home Moma sent you.
* Follow At Home Moma on Google Friend Connect, click on the box to the right that says “Let’s Be Friends” then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit (if you are already following, you get the entry also, just follow the directions above)
* Share this promotion on your Facebook Page by copying this text: Enter to win A Tastefully Simple Prize Pack at http://ning.it/bXopQi , and then pasting and sharing it on your Facebook Page. Then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Become a Twitter Fan of At Home Moma Click Here, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Tweet this Giveaway on Twitter pasting the following text #Contest Enter to #win #giveaway A Tastefully Simple Prize Pack @athomemoma. Then, fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit
GIVEAWAY has ended!
*Participates must live in the contiguous United States and odds are based on the number of entries. The winner will be contacted through email with the Subject line “Winner of Tastefully Simple”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. The company providing the giveaway items is responsible for providing and sending the item to the winner. At Home Moma did not receive compensation for this review, but was provided items for free to review. At Home Moma does not sell personal information. At Home Moma does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway.
At Home Moma