My kiddos thoroughly enjoyed watching our complimentary copy of the MOANA Blu-ray Combo Pack and opinions expressed are that of my own. A special thank you goes out to Walt Disney Studios for providing press materials as well as sponsoring my trip and accommodations to the Be Our Guest Event.
“Moana” arrives on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand TODAY March 7!
My children just can’t get enough of MOANA! We sing the songs, they play with action figures, and my daughter has an adorable shirt with the cute piggy Pua. Well if your family feels the same way about this film, you will definitely want to own a MOANA Blu-ray Combo Pack!
We had initially seen this movie in theatres and immediately fell in love with the music along with the amazing story. The voyage of Moana was an incredible journey and her interactions with the Demi God Maui and the Ocean, along with Heihei the chicken and Tamatoa the crab, made it all the more interesting and funny.
Between strong family bonds, loyalty to her village, and a desire to find her own way, Moana evolves into the person she wants to be as well as becomes the leader for her community that she needs to be. This transformation really created a wonderful adventure for us.
Now to explore the MOANA Blu-ray Combo Pack, my kiddos and I had a family movie night. We enjoyed checking out the fun extras like the Maui Mini-Movie: “Gone Fishing”, the short film “Inner Workings”, a fun Q&A with cast and crew, as well as details on the film’s Easter Eggs.
Independently I watched the documentary Voice of the Islands and the informative segment Island Fashion. It was interesting to learn about the story’s inspired background and the extensive research that went into making this film.
The bonus features really made me appreciate all the details that go into creating an animated feature of this magnitude.
MOANA Blu-ray Combo Pack Bonus features include*:
Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital 3D/HD/SD:
- Theatrical Short Film: “Inner Workings” – With introduction by the filmmakers, is the story of the internal struggle between a man’s pragmatic, logical side and his free-spirited, adventurous half. Created by a small team at Walt Disney Animation Studios in a unique, fast-paced style that blends CG and traditional hand-drawn animation, the short explores the importance of finding balance in daily life.
- Maui Mini-Movie: “Gone Fishing” – When Maui decides it’s time to take charge of the ocean and catch his next meal, Moana must show him the error of his ways … with a little help from her friends!
- Voice of the Islands – An in-depth look at how Pacific Island people and cultures inspired the filmmakers to create the story of “Moana.”
- Things You Didn’t Know About …
- Meet the stars of “Moana” in this dynamic Q&A featuring Dwayne Johnson, newcomer Auli‘i Cravalho, and famed animation directors Ron and John.
- Meet the musical team behind “Moana” in this fascinating Q&A featuring Opetaia Foa‘i, Mark Mancina and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Island Fashion – Find out how costume designer Neysa Bové took on the unique challenge of creating costumes using materials and techniques native to the islands of Oceania.
- They Know the Way: Making the Music of “Moana” – Musicians Opetaia Foa‘I, Marc Mancina and Lin-Manuel Miranda take us on a personal journey through their involvement in the movie and how it changed their lives.
- Fishing for Easter Eggs – Dive deep into the ocean and fish for the Easter Eggs hidden by the animators at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- The Elements of … – This series of four mini-docs explores the technical achievements behind some of the ground-breaking effects used in the film.
- Mini Maui – Meet “Mini Maui,” Maui’s tattoo sidekick. Animated by legendary hand-drawn animator Eric Goldberg, we explore how the 2D world collides with CG animation to bring the demigod’s tattoos to life.
- Water – In the movie, the ocean is a character. This piece explores how the water is given a personality, along with the technical feats of creating a believable ocean landscape farther than the eye can see.
- Lava – Te Kā is a creature made of lava, smoke and fire. This piece dives into the challenges of making an animated creature of massive scale brought to fiery life by character, technical and effects animators.
- Hair – One of the greatest technical achievements of the film was the animation of the beautiful, curly hair on Moana and Maui. Take a look at the hair-raising detail that goes into animating each strand, adding performance to the movie that has never been seen before.
- Deleted Song: “Warrior Face” – With introduction by songwriter Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Deleted Scenes – Ron and John introduce the following deleted scenes: Race the Wind/Ties that Bind; Discussing Moana’s Future; Under the Sea; Grandmother’s Warning/Legend of Maui; Education of Moana; Father, Daughter, Boat; and Canoe Race.
- Music Video: “How Far I’ll Go” – Performed by Alessia Cara.
- “How Far I’ll Go Around the World” – Multi-language reel of the song “How Far I’ll Go.”
- Audio Commentary – With directors Ron and John.
In addition, the DVD includes:
- Theatrical Short Film: “Inner Workings,” Music Video: “How Far I’ll Go” and Audio Commentary
About the MOANA:
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Moana,” the sweeping story of a spirited teenager who sets sail on a daring adventure to save her people, starring newcomer Auli‘i Cravalho as the voice of brave and tenacious Moana and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (HBO’s “Ballers,” “Central Intelligence”) as the larger-than-life demigod Maui, has dazzled both critics and audiences. The film earned a 95% critics’ consensus on Rotten Tomatoes and the No. 1 spot at the domestic box office opening weekend.
To learn more about the MOANA Blu-ray Combo Pack visit Movies.Disney.com/Moana as well as visit Facebook.com/DisneyMoana, Twitter.com/DisneyAnimation, and Instagram.com/DisneyAnimation. Be sure to also follow along via the Be Our Guest Event Hashtag #MoanaBluray on social media.
I hope you enjoy this new Disney Classic just as much as my family does!