It has been over a week now since the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and I am still pinching myself from all the Magical Moments we experienced.
We were given complimentary items and special access to so many neat opportunities as part of this event, and I find myself and my family truly blessed to have witnessed these moments of PIXIE DUST.
Now I must say that the entire event was AWESOME, and I could probably come up with about 25 more moments after I write this and 25 more next week. Plus, I don’t want to reveal it all to leave some surprises for the future. With that being said, here are my Top 10 Magical Moments at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration! (These are also in no particular order)
1. Meeting Mickey Mouse at Arrival – My youngest was too young to remember his first visit to Walt Disney World, so when we walked into the registration room and saw Mickey Mouse, well lets just say that he was beside himself. He looks very calm in the photo, but before and after he was bouncing all over the room and singing the Star Wars theme song.
2. Memory Maker – A special thank you goes out to Walt Disney World for providing a complimentary “Memory Maker” for Disney Social Media Moms Celebration.
It was so nice to relax and have someone else worry about catching those special moments on camera. Plus, it was wonderful to be able to live in the moment and not have to worry about trying to grab a nice clear photo.
3. Magic Bands – These were really convenient to use to get into our rooms, to enter the parks, utilize our fast passes, and to link our photo passes.
This was our first experience with using these, and having the cool box arrive with the customized bands in advance of our stay really got the kiddos excited (and MOM). Plus, we even bought some bling for their bands before we left the park.
4. Staying at a Disney Property – As part of this event we were provided a room at the Disney Yacht Club Resort, and truly a great way to experience the parks. My in-laws came along with us and they raved about the accommodations and how it was centrally located.
Upon arrival, we parked our car, and forgot about it for the next few days. It was so relaxing to take a boat to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and catch a bus to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. We even took a boat over to the Boardwalk for dinner.
5. Visiting Animal Kingdom After Hours – Not only did we get to sample amazing food from the park, but we also saw performances from the talented cast members. There was singing and dancing, and the kiddos even joined in.
In addition, we met characters from The Lion King, Zootopia, as well as checked out new merchandise including Toys and Clothing from Disney Junior The Lion Guard. Of course the icing on the cake was seeing the Tree of Life in the dark. The video I took does not show its true beauty, but it will give you an idea of what we experienced.
Seeing the Tree of Life in the dark at Animal Kingdom was BEAUTIFUL! #hosted #DisneySMMC Seeing it in motion was AWESOME! #funlearninglife #animalkingdom #pixiedust #disneymagic #DisneyGram #WaltDisneyWorld #travelgram #instatravel #Orlando #treeoflife #LoveFL @waltdisneyworld
A video posted by Carlee C. (@funlearninglife) on
There was a band, excellent food, and fireworks with special Mickey Mouse Magic. Plus, my kiddos enjoyed getting up and dancing, meeting characters, and since we were already big fans of GoGo Squeez they liked the goody bag.
7. The Friday Conference Portion – There is no way to sum this up in a couple words, but here is a quick description: FOOD, SURPRISES, SNEAK PEEKS, and TEARJERKERS. Our day started off with a gorgeous breakfast sponsored by Alamo with details about Star Wars to Hollywood Studios.
Awesome hearing about the #StarWars Attractions at #HollywoodStudios from Show Director Michael Roddy! #DisneySMMC pic.twitter.com/JuGnfbekEg
— Carlee C. (@funlearninglife) May 6, 2016
From there, we headed back to the main conference center and we were welcomed with a performance from Animal Kingdom. We then saw the first 30 minutes of Finding Dory (LOVE IT), got to see upcoming programming for Disney Junior, and behind the scenes details about Alice Through The Looking Glass.
Our lunch was hosted by Hanes and they shared insights on summer styles as well as set us up with undergarments.
Plus, there were speakers on behalf of Huggies discussing ways to help donate diapers, their
#DearBaby campaign, and ways to address bed wetting.
There really was so much going on during this part of the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, and if you would like to see additional details check out my Twitter feed here: @FunLearningLife at #DisneySMMC or visit my Instagram feed here: @FunlearningLife on Instagram.
8. Seeing an Advanced Screening of Disney’s Alice Through The Looking Glass – My kiddos had just seen “Alice in Wonderland” so we were totally into the new story. There will be no spoilers here, but a review will be coming soon.
9. Finding Surprises In Our Room – Each evening of the conference we would return to our room at the Yacht Club and find Disney surprises.
One night we found 3 Mickeys for the kiddos along with a goody bag from conference sponsor Alamo.
Just when you think the day couldn’t get any better at #DisneySMMC and you find this in your room! Thank you event sponsor @alamorentacar for our SURPRISE gift, my family really appreciates all of it! ❤ #funlearninglife #grateful #thankyou #vacation #Mickey #MickeyMouse #surprise #Disneymagic #PixieDust #resort #YachtClub #blessed #WaltDisneyWorld #travel @waltdisneyworld
A photo posted by Carlee C. (@funlearninglife) on
10. Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple at Hollywood Studios (well frankly anything Star Wars) – As mentioned when I shared I was attending this event, I truly hoped that my children would get an opportunity to participate in this activity.
Well 2 out of 3 got a chance to do it and it really was cool. For my 3 year old, he was just happy to observe and meet Chewbacca during our trip.
As you can see we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and if you get an opportunity to attend this event DO IT. These are once in a lifetime moments that you may never get a chance to experience again.
Carlee @ FLL
Mama Munchkin says
NYCSingle Mom says