A special thank you goes out to Disney for providing me with travel, accommodations, and a Magical Time at Disneyland and California Adventure. Opinions expressed are that of my own.
I recently went on my very first trip to Disneyland, and I had an amazing time. Going as a Grown-Up and hanging out with friends made this excursion relaxing, fun, plus exciting since I got to try out as many scary rides as I wanted.
After embarking on this adventure and exploring the area, here are my tips on 10 Grown-Up Activities At Disneyland Parks!
Photo Credit JenniferSikora.com
1. In Disneyland visit It’s A Small World – There is something about this ride that takes me back to being a kid. Plus, it is a nice way to start at the park.
2. Head over to Tomorrowland and compete on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters– I must admit that I am competitive, however I am terrible at this game. It spins around and you get to shoot at targets. If you ever go against me, you will probably win.
3. Blast off to Space Mountain – It’s a Roller coaster in the dark. It goes fast, ENOUGH SAID! Did I mention it’s AWESOME! When you finish, you can also check out the TOMORROWLAND Sneak Peek at Disneyland With Exclusive Movie Exhibit!
Photo Credit thisnthatwitholivia.com
Just had my first official #DoleWhip Float! #Tomorrowland #TomorrowlandEvent #Disneyland A photo posted by Carlee C. (@funlearninglife) on
6. Head over to California Adventure and ride Hollywood Tower of Terror – OK, I did get pretty scared on this one, I even grabbed onto the person beside me as we went up and down. FYI, make sure you wrap your backpack around your leg so you don’t lose it. In addition, tuck in your pin lanyard, otherwise it will be hitting you in the face. (I am speaking from personal experience.)
Time to get terrified on the Tower of Terror! #Tomorrowland #TomorrowlandEvent #Disneyland #towerofterror #California #californiaadventure #travel #traveler
A photo posted by Carlee C. (@funlearninglife) on
7. Get freaked out on California Screamin – This is probably the scariest roller coaster I have ever been on. It is the first time I have ever accelerated into a coaster, and it also flipped upside down. At least I can mark it off my bucket list.
Photo Credit JenniferSikora.com
In addition, while visiting Disneyland our group of Grown-Ups got to learn about the Disneyland Resort 60th Diamond Celebration. Beginning May 22nd special events will start taking place at Disneyland and California Adventure Parks.
8. Watch the World of Color Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney – Since we ended our day in California Adventure, we got to see the World of Color performance. Let me just say that the water display with lights and various scenes from Disney Films really took me back to being a kid. FYI, starting May 22 Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will appear in film sequences and animated imagery exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park.
Photo Credit (Scott Brinegar/Disneyland Resort)
9. End your Day at the Paint the Night Parade – As part of this celebration in Disneyland, this will showcase beloved Disney characters illuminated with more than 1.5 million individually controlled LED lights. This is a first in Disneyland Resort history and special appearances will include Tinkerbell, Cars, The Little Mermaid, Frozen, and more!
Photo Credit (Disneyland Resort)
10. Light up your night with the Disneyland Forever Fireworks Show– This fully loaded Fireworks Show will be visible on Main Street, U.S.A., and several Disneyland locations. This performance with pyrotechnics and special effects will turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn mountain, the “Fantasmic!” water screens and the facade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projection screens filled with color, characters and even surprises.
TOMORROWLAND is a riveting mystery adventure starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney. It tells the story of former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, who are bound by a shared destiny and embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.”
What they must do there, changes the world—and them—forever.
Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.
The film also stars Hugh Laurie as brilliant scientist David Nix, Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Robinson.
After seeing the TOMORROWLAND video are you excited to see the film? Who in your family will you be taking to see this movie?
TOMORROWLAND is in theaters everywhere FRIDAY May 22nd!
For more information on the film, check out the official website at Disney.com/Tomorrowland.
Plus visit Facebook at facebook.com/DisneyTomorrowland, Twitter at @DisneyPictures and follow along via the Hashtag #TomorrowlandEvent.
Jennifer Sikora says
valmg @ Mom Knows It All says
Travel Blogger says
Myrah - Coupon Mamacita says