A special thank you goes out to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for providing my family Venom on Blu-ray and DVD as well as T-Shirt and Santa Hat on behalf of Venom. Opinions expressed in this post are that of my own.
Do you have a tween in your house that is a Marvel Fan like I do, or are you personally the HUGE FAN that loves comic related productions? If so, then you will want to bring home a copy of Venom on Blu-ray and DVD as well as Digital.
Now I have to admit, that I wasn’t exactly sure how this film was going to play out. When you think of Venom in the Spiderverse, you expect him to be a straight up villain. After watching with my husband, I can see why my son enjoyed it when he saw it in the theatre. I was pleasantly surprised by this production and how it blurred the lines between what a typical hero is.
Venom has many of the same components that I have come to appreciate in other Marvel Cinematic films like humor, romance, and lots of action. FYI this is definitely meant for your more mature child due to some language and violence. It is rated PG 13.
Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is a broken man after he loses everything including his job and fiancée. Just when his life is at its lowest, he becomes host to an alien symbiote which results in extraordinary superpowers – transforming him into Venom. Will these powers be enough for this new lethal protector to defeat great evil forces, especially against the far stronger and more weaponized symbiote rival, Riot?
VENOM is directed by Ruben Fleischer and written by Jeff Pinkner & Scott Rosenberg and Kelly Marcel. The film is produced by Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal.
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight chorography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
Venom on Digital, 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD Bonus Materials Include:
4K Ultra HD™ Includes:
- Feature film presented with Dolby Vision high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound
- Also includes the film and special features on the included high-def Blu-ray
VENOM has a run time of approximately 112 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for language.
Which Actor are you looking forward to seeing in this movie?
… and thanks to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment , I have been authorized to give away a Venom Blu-ray and t-shirt (Adult Small) to one (1) lucky Fun Learning Life Reader, Over a $38.99 Value!
To enter, follow the directions via the Rafflecopter Form below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Participants must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Fun Learning Life is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Venom Prize Pack Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Fun Learning Life does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the PR Firm. Fun Learning Life does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.