This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions about Florida Produce expressed are my own.
Being Florida Native, I know about our awesome beaches, our exciting theme parks, as well as our wonderful natural attractions. However living here for so long has also lent me knowledge of Seasonal Florida Produce that is harvested from our amazing farms.
Because of our climate and optimal growing conditions, you can find a variety of fruits and vegetables coming from the region.
If you are looking to see what is available now, here is a Guide To Florida Produce Available During The Winter Months!
1. Ripe and ready Strawberries- Now is the optimal time to make flavorful smoothies, shortcake, pies, fruit salads and more.
With Fresh From Florida Strawberries, they will look and taste great and I also know from personal experience that they work well in a dehydrator.
2. Green for Bell Peppers- You can find gorgeous green veggies at the store that would be excellent for cheese steak, stir fry, and fajitas.
Plus these Fresh from Florida Bell Peppers would be perfect for stuffing with rice, quinoa, or couscous dishes.
3. Red and plump Tomatoes – We can’t get enough of tomatoes in my house. I am sure if I let my little guy, he would eat them like an apple.
Whether adding them to pasta salad, creating your own homemade sauce, or slicing and serving alongside basal and mozzarella cheese, these make an excellent addition to your daily meals. You can utilize this Florida Produce in so many ways.
4. Hear that crunch, it is coming from Cucumbers-
Personally I like add a little salt, but these sliced also make a great alternative to crackers and bread. Plus if you are trying to cut the calories or add in more veggies, these work well in a simple salad.
5. Blueberries are ready for the picking – The Florida variety had not quite hit my store, but they will be here soon enough.
Plus, Blueberry picking is a fun activity to try out with your family. We have done this before and if you manage to get any home afterward (the kids will want to eat them right then), they would be an excellent addition to muffins, cereal, and ice cream.
Wanting to add Florida produce into your meals? Look for the Fresh from Florida Signage at your local grocery store throughout the year and visit freshfromflorida.com for products and freshfromflorida.com/Recipes for meal inspiration. Plus check out Fresh from Florida on Twitter at twitter.com/freshfromFL.
I hope this Guide To Florida Produce Available During The Winter Months, comes in handy for your family!
Carlee @ FLL