This is a paid promotion for Disney The Little Mermaid on behalf of Walt Disney Studios. The Mermaid Tail Craft was inspired by the movie, and opinions expressed about the film and the items we received are that of my own.
A couple weeks ago, Little Miss attended a Father/ Daughter dance and guess what the theme was? Under the Sea.
So needless to say, it was no surprise that she would want to make Sea Shell Jewelry, create Mermaid Tail Artwork, and watch the Anniversary Edition of Disney The Little Mermaid.
We watched The Little Mermaid from the Walt Disney Signature Collection last week and it was so much fun to stroll down memory lane.
Not only was I nostalgic because this film came out when I was 12 (I can’t believe it has been 30 years) but I think it was just as memorable for my daughter since she was impressed by the special features.
FYI, this Blu-ray also includes a sing along version and a bonus feature with Alan Menken and the Disney Leading Ladies that you won’t want to miss.
I actually had the pleasure of interviewing him a couple years ago as part of a Disney Beauty and Beast Event and it was awesome to see him again with these amazing actresses and performers.
My daughter then crafted Sea Shell Jewelry inspired by the film and afterward created a Mermaid Tail Craft.
To recreate her art, you will need the following:
- Card Stock paper
- Non-toxic Acrylic Paints
- Paint Brushes
- Safety Scissors
- …and an easy Mermaid Tail Printable that I made for her.
To make her artwork, she simply cut out the template and traced it onto her card stock with the pencil. Then, she painted the surface/seaweed and the water.
To finish, she painted the tail with green and sprinkled gold and green glitter while it was still wet.
After her painting dried and I shook off any access glitter and cut her painting to fit an 8X10 photo frame for her room.
Did you see this film when it originally came out? What is your favorite song in the movie?
“The Little Mermaid” is the seventh title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King” and “Lady and the Tramp.”
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES: *
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Look for the Anniversary Edition of The Little Mermaid in stores and online now!
Carlee @ FLL
Thanks to Disney DVD I have been authorized to giveaway
The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray a $24.99 Value, to One (1) Lucky Fun Learning Life Reader!*
To enter please follow the directions via the Rafflecopter form below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Participants must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Fun Learning Life is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “The Little Mermaid BLU-RAY Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Fun Learning Life does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the PR Firm. Fun Learning Life does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.