“5 Ways I Make After School Activities Easier For My Family” is a Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own.
Sometimes I think to myself, I must be crazy to let my kids participate in more than one extracurricular activity at a time. But in reality they are having fun, I love watching them, and our families enjoy seeing them succeed and learn new skills.
I will admit that it isn’t always easy and there are nights that I am totally exhausted. However I have learned that you can make it work, especially if I take a little time to get organized for after school practices.
So after making it through this first part of the year’s sports, piano, and dance classes, here are my 5 Ways I Make After School Activities Easier For My Family!
1. Put clothing or supplies for the activity in the car earlier in the day – I say earlier in the day because I don’t want the kids to be missing something or frantically searching for what we need when leaving the house. This way I know where the items are, and that we have everything.
2. Bring along easy to transport snacks – Of course my kids are going to be hungry after school and to help keep up their energy as well as positive attitudes, I have to be ready with snacks like sliced fruit, pretzels, as well as juices boxes. Plus, Dannon® Danimals® Smoothies keep your family “good to go” and make after school activities easier.
This single serve snack offers nutrition without artificial colors and flavors.
Look for these convenient containers in your Walmart’s Dairy Section in 12 or 18 pack in flavors like Rockin’ Raspberry®, Strawberry Explosion®, and Wild Watermelon.
FYI, Moms like to eat them as well, so be sure to take advantage of this iBotta offer for $1.00 off the purchase of a 12 or 18 pack of Dannon® Danimals® Smoothies.
3. Meal Prep or Planning – On the days that we have practice, I have to make advanced plans for dinner.
I am not a fan of eating after 8pm, so I have either made something in the slow cooker, cooked up a pot of spaghetti, or made arrangements for take out.
4. Keep a supply of pencils, erasers, and crayons in the car – The only way my kid’s homework is going to get finished at a reasonable hour on practice nights is to start while we are out.
Whether computing math problems, writing sentences, or coloring a science project, I know I am prepared should the occasion arise that they need the school supply.
5. Take advantage of after school care – I would rather not run up to school multiple times a day, and recently came across this scenario when my son made the soccer team. So on the occasion that practice was right after class ended, I had my daughter stay at aftercare until it is time to pick up my son.
Any advice for families trying to juggle multiple activities? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
To learn more about Dannon® Danimals® Smoothies be sure to visit the iBotta offer page for $1.00 off the purchase of a 12 or 18 pack of Dannon® Danimals® Smoothies.
I hope these 5 Ways I Make After School Activities Easier For My Family are beneficial for you as well!
Carlee @ FLL