A special thank you goes out to Amazon’s New Original Kids Series Bookaboo for providing press information as well as sponsoring today’s post and our Library Bag Craft.
Recently my family was introduced to a fun new children’s series called Bookaboo. To celebrate this entertaining show, we created a Library Bag Craft AKA “bookabag” as well as had a viewing party with musical instruments and Puppy Cookies.
Amazon’s New Original Kids Series Bookaboo will debut on October 28 exclusively for Prime members.
After watching and checking out the episodes with my family, here are 5 Reasons to Watch Amazon’s New Original Kids Series Bookaboo!
1. Entertaining Book Reading – Seeing a book read aloud by expressive TV and Movie actors is fun for the little guys and awesome for the adults. Look for celebrities like Selma Blair (Legally Blonde), Michael Sheen (The Queen), Guillermo Diaz (Scandal), NASA Astronaut Commander Chris Hadfield, and NFL player Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
2. New Stories for Kids – “A story a day or I just can’t play”. This is a great way to motivate reading together and learn about books or authors that your family may not be familiar with. I know that we came across new titles, and I am already getting ideas for upcoming holiday and birthday gifts.
3. Moving Animation To Mix It Up – Not only do the kiddos get to hear and see the book’s pages, but they also get to experience them in action. This makes reading interesting, which promotes literacy.
4. Encourages Imagination – Bookaboo starts many of the shows using his imagination and placing himself either into the theme of the books or into the TV or Movie genre of the actors. My children are into imaginative play, and I hope this inspires them to be even more creative.
5. Music To Get Families Moving – Bookaboo likes to play the drums alongside his rocking Puppy Band Mates. When he starts to bang on his instruments, my kids started dancing around. I appreciate that it got them up and moving.
Want to make your own Library Bag Craft for your kids? Details are below:
What you will need:
First allow kiddos to get creative by drawing out pictures with a pencil. (This works out great since it can be erased.) Families can then add fun sayings like “Reading Makes Imagination Blast Off”.
I ended up doing this for my 4 year old and my 2 older kiddos came up with their own illustrations.
Next apply the puffy paint, keeping the bag flat, and allow to dry for at least 4 hours or more. Tip: Be sure to check spelling and make pictures and letters large enough to the apply the paint easily.
You then have a keepsake that encourages children to read and their artwork is preserved.
Do your kids have a special library bag? How do you motivate your family to read books?
This rocking series follows Bookaboo as he tours the globe with his band mates Paws and Growler, playing drums to packed stadiums of adoring fans. There’s only one hitch – Bookaboo just can’t play without a story a day!
The precocious pup finds creative ways to avoid performing, leading to laugh-out-loud comedy sketches and silly songs. To empower Bookaboo to return to the stage, a famous face appears in each episode to share a favorite story.
The picture book that the celebrity guest brings in the special “bookabag” is brought to vibrant life through animation and an interactive, energetic reading that restores Bookaboo’s “bojo.”
The entire first season of Bookaboo will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for TVs; connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Customers who are not already a Prime member can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime.
Families can check Bookaboo out via the Amazon Video app for TVs; connected devices, including Fire TV, mobile devices; and online—Prime members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing.
For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
Bookaboo will also be available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you-can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids.
FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices, including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition.
Look for Amazon’s New Original Kids Series Bookaboo on October 28.
As you can tell, my children (and MOM) really like Bookaboo. I hope your family enjoys the series and gets inspired to create a”bookabag” as well!
Carlee @ FLL