A special thank you goes out to Leapfrog for providing my family a LeapStart Interactive Learning System as well as hosting a giveaway through the #LeapFrogMomSquad Program.
Now that my 2 older kiddos have headed back to school, I have started with what I call “Momma School” with my 4 year old.
My husband and I decided to wait another year to send him off to VPK since his birthday was late in the year, he needed a little more time to mature, and frankly he still hasn’t 100% mastered Potty Training.
However, I have to admit that I am looking forward to having this extra time with him. I can’t wait to read together, draw together, and head out on adventures at the library, museum, and local aquarium.
This past week we started doing some formal work including: same vs different, looking at a new shape (Octagon), as well as reading a couple books with his favorite characters.
In addition, I decided to start reinforcing letters and sounds with the LeapFrog LeapStart and the book “Alphabet Adventures With Music”.
Set up for the Leap Start system is simple. Once you connect online and have added audio, simply insert the activity book you would like to use in the center.
To get started with “Alphabet Adventures With Music“, together we first went through a couple pages so he could learn how to use the stylus and activate the activities.
In order to start the first level, he needed to press the green square with a star in the corner, and once he completed that activity, he was them prompted to press on the orange square with 2 stars for a more advanced activity.
The next day, we did our regular work again, and then I had him repeat the first few pages just to reinforce how to use the system. Once he mastered them, we moved onto a couple more pages.
So why do I like the Leapfrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System?
1. It is not difficult to figure out – This ease of use eliminates frustration as a parent and a child. In addition, it is easy to setup online at leapfrog.com/en-us/support/ and connect to add audio for the books.
2. Stickers Stickers & More Stickers – My 4 year old is definitely motivated by sticker rewards, and as he completes the tasks he is prompted to choose a sticker to place in a special section of the book.
3. Price Point – I feel that it has an excellent price at $39.99 and it is easy to add on additional LeapStart books for $12.99 to use as your child grows. (There are currently 16 available)
4. The books have familiar LeapFrog Characters – Not only did we recognize Leap, Tad, and Lily (all characters my children have grown up with) but so far we have also been introduced to new likable ones including an alien, a robot, and a group of Puppies (Buddy and Bella) in the Activity Book “Pet Pal Puppies Math“.
5. Fun Educational Programs – The activity books provide positive reinforcement all while teaching children through fun themed tasks. There is music and cheering and I can tell my son is enjoying it, because he asking me to play alongside him.
6. Created for ages 2 to 7 – LeapFrog actually designed 2 different levels of machines including LeapStart Jr for Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten (comes with a handle, has a larger stylus, and larger buttons) and LeapStart Sr for Kindergarten & 1st Grade (Sleek Stylus and Storage Pocket for Book). The books are compatible with both and each is designed based on age and abilities.
Do you currently own any LeapFrog products? What features do you like best about the LeapStart Interative Learning System?
To learn more about the LeapFrog LeapStart visit leapfrog.com. You can also check them out on Facebook facebook.com/LeapFrog and Twitter twitter.com/LeapFrog for updates on additional innovative and fun children’s toys!
I can’t wait to continue to go through the series of books with my son and have FUN learning together.
Carlee @ FLL
Thanks to the generosity of LeapFrog, one lucky Fun Learning Life Reader will win a LeapStart Prize Pack, over a $65 Value. (Includes 2 Books)
Please follow the directions via the Rafflecopter form below!*
* Participates must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the contiguous United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and the website is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Winner of LeapStart Prize Pack!”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. This website does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by FLL. This website does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.
Shakeia Rieux says
Katie Usher says
elizabeth p says
Melissa C says
Janet W. says
Stephanie Phelps says
Olivia Douglass says
Saundra McKenzie says
Cynthia C says
Leigh Anne Borders says
natasha lamoreux says
Ellie Wright says
shelly peterson says
Sara Floyd says
heather s says
James Robert says
aaron reck says
Fiona N says
Brittney House says
courtney b says
Mary Cloud says
Dawn Monroe says
Heather Hayes Panjon says
Darlene Carbajal says
amy pugmire says
Gabby Anderson says
M Moore says
Stephanie Liske says
Heidi M. says
Erica B. says
susan smoaks says
Stephanie Larison says
Jill Myrick says
Tammy OHagan says
Laurie Emerson says
Richard Hicks says