This post was sponsored by Massage Envy as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. Opinions expressed about “5 Tips On How To Take Care of Yourself During The Holiday Season” are that of my own.
As a Mom with 3 kids, I definitely forget about myself around the holidays. I am busy focusing on getting what is on everyone’s list, providing goodies for parties, or making it to practices or recitals on time.
However it is so important to grab a moment for myself in order to help stay healthy and keep up with all the activities during this time of year.
Because of this, I have put together 5 Tips On How To Take Care of Yourself During The Holiday Season!
1. Get proper sleep – As parents we tend to be attending to everyone else’s needs but often times neglect ourselves. I can’t even count the times that I have fallen asleep on the couch from running around all day, cleaning and completing home repairs, or staying up all night to finish wrapping presents. It is so important to keep up with the “Shut Eye” to keep up with the demands.
2. Don’t forget to ask for help – Maybe you are tight on time due to coming home from a trip (and got stuck in the middle of exhausting and interesting characters on a plane) or you are swamped with your children’s school or performance activities. If you are hosting a supper or party, remember to ask friends and family to help with the decorating, bring a dish, or stay to help clean up. Most would be more than happy to assist.
3. Exercise – I know we are all busy, but even taking a quick walk around the neighborhood, moving around at a desk, or waking up early to head to the gym makes a difference. It also helps to offset those calories from goodies, stress, and increase overall energy.
4. Keep up your Total Body Care – Taking care of your body should not be a luxury but part of a routine. Skin will need to be maintained during the Fall and Winter months and that stress just might be relieved by a massage.
5. Learn to say “NO”, otherwise known as POLITELY DECLINING – Just like asking for help, if you are committed to doing too much already or just simply need to take a break, sometimes you just have to decline. There are only so many of you and we shouldn’t feel guilty if we can’t go to a party or help out at an event. Mom and Dad should be able to relax and enjoy the holidays as well.
Looking for a place to get your Total Body Care “BECAUSE”…?
Massage Envy believes that Total Body Care should be an integral part of everyone’s wellness journey. They are dedicated to helping their members and guests check-in and tune up their bodies through accessible massage and skin care services.
To set your appointment or to learn more about Massage Envy visit massageenvy.com. You can also find out more information on Facebook at facebook.com/MassageEnvy and Twitter at twitter.com/MassageEnvy.
I hope you find these 5 Tips On How To Take Care of Yourself During The Holiday Season helpful and let’s hope that I can follow them myself this year!