“As a member of the LeapFrog Mom Squad Ambassador program, I receive products, promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see it. However, any opinions expressed by me about the LeapFrog Epic are honest and reflect my actual experience.”
If you are contemplating purchasing a tablet for your children this Holiday Season, then you will definitely want to take a look at the LeapFrog Epic.
This Android based device is designed for children ages 3 to 9, has a 7 inch screen, 16GB of memory, WIFI capable as well as created with a 2 MP cameras, a stylus, and 20+ Apps.
As a parent I like this tablet because it can be used by all 3 of my children. Each one of them has their own profile and can customize their playable home screen. The “Just For Me” technology personalizes games for the kids as well based on their skill level. Plus, I appreciate the no in app purchases or harmful third-party ads for LeapFrog Apps.
Of course the most important aspect is whether for not my kids are enjoying it, and THEY ARE. Check out the 6 Reasons Why My Son Likes The LeapFrog Epic!
1. LeapSearch– He likes this because he can watch age appropriate videos which most of the time is about his favorite thing “FOOTBALL” as well as playing online games. I like that I don’t have to worry about the content he is viewing.
2. Stretchy Monkey 2 – I mean what isn’t fun about stretching a monkey and tossing parts of his body at Spelling Words. This program has over 12,000 words so there is plenty to learn.
3. StorySpinner – This is a fill in the blank application where the kiddos use their voice to add nouns, verbs, etc. Sometimes their stories make sense and other times not so much. However, my son has gotten a good laugh out of it and it helps teach parts of grammar.
4. Solar Taxi – This app teaches him about Outer Space. He said to me, “Did you know that the days on Venus are as long as a year on Earth and it is almost the same size as the Earth”. He thought it was cool and I thought it was great he was learning and having fun at the same time.”
5. Word of the Day – This is a program that he can access daily to learn about a new word or reinforce it. Plus it uses it in context within a story that continues to grow each day. This really has perked his interest.
6. Art Studio Ultra – My son likes this application because he can take a photo of himself and transform it via different types of mediums like virtual paint, crayons, and markers. He actually turned himself into a character from Minecraft.
My oldest is playing with the Art Studio Ultra on the #LeapFrogEpic! He just transformed himself into a #creeper! @leapfrogofficial #LeapFrog #LeapFrogMomSquad #artwork #learning #creativity #epicart #LOL #fun #ChristmasToys2015 #Minecraft #Sponsored A photo posted by Carlee C. (@funlearninglife) on
What do you look for in an educational toy? What is your favorite feature of the EPIC?
All 3 of my children enjoy playing with the LeapFrog Epic and I am excited to see it grow along with all of them.