Let’s face it, life can be stressful sometimes. However the way we choose to react and how we calm ourselves down can make all the difference.
I have 3 children, a husband, aging dogs, and the usual events that life throws my way. Keeping it all in check can be a challenge and I end up either staying up late trying to catch up or I am constantly on the move.
Thank you to SocialMoms and RESCUE for sponsoring today’s conversation. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
Sometimes I handle stress pretty well, and other times not so much.
When I feel completely overwhelmed, I implement my 7 Tips To Relieving Stress.
1. Get up early in the morning and have a moment to myself – Sometimes an extra 30 minutes gives me enough time to get caught up on emails, brew a cup of coffee, and either read the newspaper or watch the latest news on TV.
2. Baking – If I have the time to bake, then things are not as hectic as I think. Plus, I truly enjoy making muffins and cakes for my family and a little sweet indulgence makes me feel better.
3. Exercise – Needless to say getting outside, breathing in the fresh air, and walking not only is helping to get me in shape, but aiding in my overall self-esteem. If I am feeling good about myself, the little things don’t seem to bother me as much.
4. Gardening and Yard Work – Digging in the dirt is a great way to get rid of frustration and it gives my yard better curb appeal. WIN, WIN!
5. Cleaning House – I know I am weird, but there is something truly rewarding about completing housework. When life is crazy, making all the beds, clearing the kitchen counter, or even vacuuming a room can give me a sense of accomplishment and some control over my life. Well at least until everyone comes home, and then I get do it all over again.
6. Taking my children out for one on one time – Honestly it is quite relaxing to see my kids enjoy a baseball game, visit a museum, or even go to the movies. However, I find it much more pleasurable when I take them out individually so they don’t have to deal with the demands of other siblings.
7. Calling a family member on the phone – Texting doesn’t always cut it for me, and when I am having a really bad day I call my Mom. She sheds a new light on the situation, and reassures me that things really aren’t that bad.
What do you do in order to relieve stress? Have you ever tried natural remedies to restore calm?
RESCUE is a way to help restore your inner calm in stressful situations, and it contains nothing but natural ingredients. Developed by a doctor more than 80 years ago, the formulation of flower essences has helped millions around the world stress less, stay calm and in control.
This non-habit forming, over the counter product is made from a blend of five of the Bach® Original Flower Remedies, including Rock Rose for confidence & composure, Impatiens for patience & tolerance, Clematis for focus & motivation, Star of Bethlehem for comfort & reassurance, and Cherry Plum for self-control & stability. Source RESCUE.
SAVE and ENTER TO WIN Prizes!
Get your BOGO coupon for RESCUE and enter the StressLess Sweepstakes for a chance to WIN prizes from Bose and Go Pro!
Want to know more about RESCUE? Visit their website at rescueremedy.com.
You can also check them out on Facebook at facebook.com/RescueRemedy, Twitter at twitter.com/bachrescue, and Instagram at instagram.com/rescueremedyusa.
I am so glad to be able to find my calm and I hope you find these “Tips To Relieving Stress” helpful.
This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and RESCUE blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
Kim Croisant says
Beeb Ashcroft says
Jennifer H says
Amanda M McMahon says
Melissa Vera says
Ashley Gill says
Linda Kinsman says