This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/DripDrop. Opinions expressed are that of my own.
I am not a physician by any means, however I am a person who recently suffered from a pretty awful cold. The illness first started with the kids, and then slowly made its way to me. Of course I was able to nurse them back to health, but my sickness lingered on.
Obviously I started to realize that what I was doing was not working (not much of anything) and eventually I made a Doctor’s appointment and started to take better care of myself. Reality was, I should have been giving myself the same care that I had provided my children, I definitely learned from my mistakes.
So, here are my 5 Tips For Feeling Better After A Cold:
1. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate – Obviously you should drink water, but if you have been sweating, vomiting, or having diarrhea, a hydration powder product like DripDrop will help to deliver much needed fluids and electrolytes.
2. Be sure to complete any medicines that your Doctor has prescribed – Just because you are feeling better, doesn’t mean you should stop your medication. Follow the directions and complete the treatment unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
3. Get plenty of rest – Don’t be afraid to ask your spouse or family to help out or take on a little more responsibility while you recuperate.
4. Pace yourself – When you do feel better try not to over do it. Ease yourself back into activities like housework or exercise. You definitely do not want to suffer a set back.
5. Revisit the Doctor – Be sure to go back for any follow-up treatment. If you are still not bouncing back within the normal time frame, make a new appointment. There could be other underlying issues, and you don’t want to get any worse.
Speaking of DripDrop, this hydration powder was developed by a Mayo Clinic-trained family physician with a proven ratio of ingredients including sodium, sugars and potassium. According to the company, this product has 2-3 times the electrolytes of sports drinks and this combination has been shown to hydrate 34% faster than water alone.
DripDrop packets are available in 2 flavors including Lemon and Berry, and fit easily in a medicine cabinet, travel kit, purse or gym bag. They are also easy to put to use, simply combine with water and drink. This product does not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, and is intended for children 1 and up and adults.
All of my kids have tried DripDrop and like the taste. It was a 50/50 split between all four us on which flavor was our favorite. My oldest raved about the Berry Flavor and even took it to soccer practice.
Do you use Hydration drinks to feel better after an illness like a Cold or flu? Have you tried DripDrop before?
I still am not quite 100% from my illness, and decided to bring DripDrop on my morning walk. Let’s just say that I am looking forward to getting back to my old self.