Thank you to Pacific Rim Riesling for providing me with Sara Lee product coupons and recipes plus samples of their products. This content is intended for those 21 years and older. If you choose to drink alcohol, enjoy it responsibly and please do not drink and drive.
If you are looking to add a festive twist to your favorite holiday desserts, then check out this easy Peppermint Bark Cheesecake.
We decided to make this dish a family affair and my 2 older children got involved with the preparation.
To recreate this Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Recipe and the flavor combination you will need the following:
• 1 Sara Lee Original Cream Classic or New York Style Cheesecake
• 1 package bittersweet chocolate chips
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 20 peppermint candies, unwrapped and crushed with a rolling-pin in a sealable plastic bag (I had my son do this in a container with a hammer)
Adults, be sure to pair your cheesecake with a Pacific Rim Riesling for a tasty compliment of sweetness.
Instructions for the ganache:
1. Measure one cup chocolate chips into a glass bowl.
2. Heat cream to almost boiling.
3. Add hot cream to chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted.
4. Store warm until ready to use.
Instructions for the peppermint bark:
1. Melt remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each 20 second stint. Continue until smooth.
2. Pour melted chocolate on a cookie tray covered with waxed paper.
3. Sprinkle half of the crushed peppermints on the melted chocolate. Chill to set.
4. Break into 10 random pieces.
Instructions for the cheesecake:
1. Sprinkle remaining peppermints on top of cheesecake.
2. Gently pour warm ganache over peppermints.
3. Chill until ganache sets.
4. Cut cheesecake into portion sizes and garnish with peppermint bark.
In addition to the original recipe, I also decided to garnish the outside of the cheesecake with peppermint pieces along with pieces of bark.
After this, I then added more pieces of the bark directly into the cheesecake. It was so pretty!
Have you taken shortcuts on desserts before? What is your favorite semi-homemade dessert to create?
To learn more about Pacific Rim products visit rieslingrules.com. For more Sara Lee dessert ideas visit rieslingrules.com/feast.
I hope you enjoy this Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Recipe just as much as my family did!
Linda Kinsman says
Tough Cookie Mommy says
katrina g says
Travel Blogger says