This post brought to you by Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love this time of year because all types of yummy fruits are coming into season here in Florida!
One of our family favorite fruits are Blueberries, and I turn these into all types of goodies including muffins, parfaits, and of course the best (which is my kid’s favorite) is simply dipping them in a little sugar.
If you are looking for a great resource for Blueberry Recipes, Fresh From Florida has an awesome variety of ideas. I just check out the site and one of the dishes that jump right off the page at me, was an EASY Florida Blueberry Cheesecake.
FYI, what is great about this treat is it is based on using a premade cheesecake or your favorite plain cheesecake recipe! I am all about the short-cuts.
If you would like to recreate this dessert, details are below.
Florida Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe! Serves: 6 to 12
- 1 whole cheesecake (homemade or store bought)
- 4 pints Florida blueberries, rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup natural Florida sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- In a small sauce pot, combine 2 pints blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Place sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Stir contents of pot as it comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook blueberry mixture for 20 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain blueberry sauce through a sieve if desired.
- Let blueberry sauce cool to room temperature, and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Top the cheesecake with some of the cooled blueberry sauce, leaving extra for garnish.
- Place fresh leftover blueberries on top of the cheesecake and garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve the blueberry topped cheesecake with extra blueberry sauce.
What is your favorite recipe featuring fresh blueberries? (Of course the Fresh From Florida ones!)
Fresh From Florida also has recipes for Florida Berry Snack Bars, a Florida Blueberry Smoothie, Florida Blueberry Cobbler, Blueberry Biscuit Cookies, and Florida Blueberry Key Lime Pie. Visit their website for complete details.