I wanted to follow-up with everyone about my first trip to Aldi. Link to Store Aldi
Back Story: Aldi opened up in our area last Thursday. They mailed out a flier advertising these really great deals and put a coupon in the flier for $5 off a $30 purchase.
Well here is your proof of the great deals:
The fruit looked really good and I couldn’t beat the price of .79 cents a pound for Red Grapes (2 pound minimum). I ate an avocado today, and it tasted fine.
We already ate the Pork Chops, and they were good, but check your labels. I knew I didn’t have to add any salt because they had already been treated with some type of solution.
I bought a couple of their brands to try, including a Private label Cranberry Juice, French Fries, and Frozen Veggies. They do carry some name brands, and you will recognize them as you walk around.
Just as a reminder:
1) Bring your own bags, this way you don’t have to pay for them. I keep my Publix Reusable bags in the car all the time.
2) Bring a quarter so you can get a cart. Thanks reader Tish for the heads up on this.
3) Bring Check, Cash, or Debit Card. If you don’t know your PIN, that is O. K. they will swipe your card. They do not accept credit.
4) Their selection is limited so you won’t find everything there. I had to go to Publix afterward to pick up my favorite brands and some veggies.
5) Don’t be shocked if they are out of an advertised item. At those prices, it is bound to happen.
6) They do not accept coupons, unless it is their own coupon.
7) Check online to see what specials are running this week Aldi Special Buys
I’m interested to know if anyone else has been to Aldi yet, and if you have any other tips or information that can help us shop smarter at Aldi.
At Home Moma