This is a paid promotion for Disney Mary Poppins Returns on behalf of Walt Disney Studios. Opinions expressed about the film and the items we received are that of my own.
Recently the kiddos and I went down memory lane and watched the original Mary Poppins in preparation for the newest film Mary Poppins Returns. I loved this Disney Classic as a child, and had a great time singing along as I sat and viewed it with my own kids.
Of course as an adult, I look at it a bit differently and can only imagine how nice it would be to actually have Mary’s Magical abilities as well as her positive attitude about cleaning up.
If only these “impossible” moments came true, and a special nanny could come over and motivate my children through song and dance. (Or if I could at least borrow the snapping trick and all the mess could just go back into place.)
Thanks to Disney I did receive an awesome cleaning kit that included sponges, spray bottles, organization items, gloves as well as a responsibilities chart for the family. Plus they gave me over 5 hours of entertainment with Mary Poppins Returns NOW on Digital and now available on Digital, Blu-ray, 4K ULTRA HD™, and DVD . (Apparently sending me a real Mary Poppins wasn’t possible LOL.)
This idea got me thinking about actual Cleaning Tips For The Mom Who Doesn’t Have A Personal Mary Poppins and since that is ME, I decided to share my ideas with you. Here we go…
- The best investment I ever made was in a hand held vacuum – All I can say is, if you have a house with any tile or wood floors get a hand held vacuum. With 3 kids, a bird, and now a new puppy this is the only way I can keep the crumbs, grass, and hair under control.
- Lay rugs at all entrances – I have preserved the life of my carpets and cut down on extra vacuuming by eliminating dirt before the kids enter a room. For more great ideas, check out these other Tips To Vacuuming A Home!
- Put cleaning wipes under the counters- Between toothpaste, hair, and lets be honest here, “Pee or Poo” remnants on the toilet, having these wipes easily accessible is a must. Plus they make the “in between” heavy duty cleaning easier.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, and I don’t clean my house that way – I find that if I do a little cleanup each morning, I am not completely exhausted when it comes time to pick up my kids from school. Plus, I still need energy to help out with homework, after school activities, as well as dinner prep.
- Delegate – Just because I am a stay at home Mom doesn’t mean that I am responsible for all the messes. My children put their dishes into the dishwasher, vacuum their rooms, empty out their lunch boxes, and even put away their own laundry.
- Finally, sometimes it will just have to wait– To me it is silly to pass up on an opportunity for family time or fun because I needed to clean.
In reality my work will never be finished and I might as well embrace it. Of course I will eventually get back to it.
Be sure to head on down to the comments to read additional tips from Fun Learning Life Readers!
About Mary Poppins Returns
Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw) — just a child when Mary Poppins first visited 17 Cherry Tree Lane — is now a grown man raising his children Annabel (Pixie Davies), John (Nathanael Saleh) and Georgie (Joel Dawson) with help from his sister Jane (Emily Mortimer). Times are tough in Depression-era London but the winds begin to change and the enigmatic governess, whose unique magical skills can turn any ordinary task into a fantastic adventure, enters the lives of the Banks family once again, having not aged a single day. Teaming up with an old friend, Jack, they take the Banks children on a series of whimsical adventures, encountering colorful characters like Mary’s eccentric Cousin Topsy (Streep), Jack’s lovable band of leeries and bank executives William Weatherall Wilkins (Colin Firth) and Mr. Dawes Jr. (Van Dyke) — bringing life, love and laughter back into the home.
Mary Poppins Returns BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HD™ Bonus features include:
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.
So what Cleaning Tips do you have for the Mom Who Doesn’t Have a Personal Mary Poppins?
Following my own advice, “Sometimes it just has to wait” and I took a break to watch Mary Poppins Returns with my kiddos. They enjoyed the story as well as music and I was happy to spend quality time with them.
I hope you find the humor in this post as well as enjoy watching Mary Poppins Returns now out on Digital, Blu-ray, 4K ULTRA HD™, and DVD!
Carlee @ FLL
Thanks to Disney DVD I have been authorized to giveaway Disney Mary Poppins Returns on Blu-ray a $24.99 Value, to One (1) Lucky Fun Learning Life Reader!*
To enter please follow the directions via the Rafflecopter form below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Participants must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Fun Learning Life is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “
Mary Poppins Returns BLU-RAY Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Fun Learning Life does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the PR Firm. Fun Learning Life does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.