The following is a sponsored post on behalf of Energizer® and The Motherhood. Opinions expressed in “Tips For Maximizing Pool Play and an Oven S’mores Recipe!” are that of my own.
Nothing speaks to summer like Pool Play and an Oven S’mores Recipe! Unfortunately, with rainy days and lots of activities sometimes our pool sits untouched for a week.
Since I really haven’t been adhering to the usual bedtime, I decided to take the fun into the night and get the kiddos out for water play after dark.
Now swimming at night time can be a little tricky, especially with areas that don’t get as much lighting. It is important to pay close attention to the day time rules as well as light up the outside as best as possible.
Even with our existing outdoor lighting I could still use additional illumination, and this is where the Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern comes in handy.
I set up the lantern on the opposite side of the pool to give the kiddos extra light to see around the edges.
Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern has a 330 lumen output with a light fusion technology panel that folds up. The sturdy stand on the back of the lantern allows for hands-free use and it comes with two modes: high and low.
Now before you embark on your next after dark adventure, consider the following Tips For Maximizing Pool Play:
- Have everyone take a trip to the bathroom before you head out.
- Light up the outside for optimal vision.
- Clear debris or furniture from around the pool to avoid tripping.
- Have toys inflated and ready to go.
- Never leave children unattended.
- Absolutely no running.
- Set down mobile devices while on pool duty.
- Bring towels outside so they are ready when the kids leave the pool.
- Be mindful of the neighbors and keep the volume down.
- Please use your best judgement. These tips are meant to encourage safe behaviors but do not guarantee safety.
Of course getting out of the pool at night can be slightly chillier than in the day and recently after showers , I made the kiddos S’mores. If you would like to recreate this quick and simple Oven S’mores Recipe, follow the directions below:
Oven S’mores Recipe
-Package of Marshmallows
To create, layer graham crackers on a non stick sheet and place a marshmallow on each one. Break apart the chocolate bars. Then place the oven on Broil. Next insert graham crackers into the oven and watch the marshmallows. Allow them them to brown, this will probably take 30 seconds to a minute.
Remove the pan from the oven and immediately place a piece of chocolate on top. Then press down the top with another graham cracker. These Oven S’mores are warm, melting, and ready to serve. (With small children, check the temperature of the Oven S’mores before you serve as to not burn their mouths).
In addition to our pool play we also took a summer night stroll last week with the Energizer® Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlight. This product has a 250 lumen output, beam distance of 80M, digital focus feature that allows users to customize the light to the desired setting, and is water and impact resistant up to 1 meter width.
When you’re preparing for your summertime adventures, don’t forget Energizer®!
- Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries are the world’s first AA and AAA battery made with four percent recycled batteries.
- Energizer headlights are lightweight, versatile and water resistant with pivoting functionality to direct light where you need it.
- Energizer area lanterns are the safe, reliable way to provide bright 360° light long into the night, at the camp fire, or while weathering a storm.
Do you spend time outdoors at night during the summer? What would you use the Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern or Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlight for?
To learn more about Energizer® products visit energizer.com.
I hope you have an awesome summer and your family enjoys the Oven S’mores Recipe after pool time!
Carlee @ FLL
Thanks to Energizer® (1) One lucky Fun Learning Life reader will win a PRIZE PACK (approximate retail value $90) that includes:
- One Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern
- One Energizer® Vision HD + Focus LED Headlight
- Two packs of Energizer® EcoAdvanced® AA and AAA Batteries
To Enter, Please allow for the Rafflecopter form to load below:
* Participates must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the contiguous United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Fun Learning Life is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Energizer® Prize Pack Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Fun Learning Life does not sell personal information. The Rafflecopter is administered by the sponsor and prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor. Fun Learning Life does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.
ron schnell says
Carly Williams says
Adrienne Gordon says
Nate B says
Cheryl B says
Tonya Atkinson says
Jennifer D says
Miss Katie says
Em Mahr says
Tari Lawson says
Stephanie Phelps says
Miss Katie says
Ann Fantom says
Lisa Brown says
Cynthia C says
Richard Hicks says
Jessica To says
heather s says
Ashley C says
Tammy Shelton says
Tina W says
Denise Sachs says
carol clark says
Dana Rodriguez says
Brittney House says
Susan Christy says
Mary Cloud says
Lynne T says
Jennifer Reed says
Francine Anchondo says
Monica Kirkham says