I have a little confession to make, after I had my first child, my second, and my third, well I still had a baby belly. So much that I have been asked on more than one occasion, “Are you expecting again?”. Each time, I could feel my face flush and would come up with some sort of witty response to hide my embarrassment. I then would be obsessed about it for the rest of the day and tell my Hubby, well apparently I am HUGE!
A special thank you goes out to Undercover Mama for inspiring and sponsoring this post today, opinions expressed are that of my own.
Well obviously I know that I am not the only woman to have experienced this, and don’t get me wrong I could still manage to loose a few pounds. Either way, it definitely makes me feel self conscious.
Reality is I will probably always wear a little pooch, however it is nice to know that there are ways to disguise my “Leftover Baby Luggage”.
A few simple changes to a wardrobe can help make a difference in appearance while recuperating from having a child, nursing, or just simply trying to loose the baby weight that has been hanging around for a few years.
Undercover Mama, a line of detachable Nursing Tanks has also developed a top created to help the after baby belly. Their 360 Slimming product is made with a shapewear panel which can help firm up and cover the belly button. (In my case, the valley of the belly button)
Although I am no longer nursing, Undercover Mama products are helpful since they are made with special clips that attach to your bra.
This gives easier access for baby due to its detachable design, all while providing cover for mom on the lower part of the body.
Are you also looking for Ways To Help Disguise “The After” Baby Belly? Here are a couple tips below from this Mom that has already been there and done that!
1. Wear proper fitting pants and shorts – Don’t throw away those maternity pants just yet. It took 9 or so months to gain the weight, it will probably take about the same (or more) to get it off. Otherwise, invest in a larger pair of pants to avoid the muffin top effect.
2. Choose comfortable fitting undergarments – Just as it matters for pants and shorts, the same applies to underwear. It is important to wear a pair that are not going to cut off your circulation (I confess). Plus properly fitting undergarments avoid unwanted lines and belly push up.
3. Layering – Adding a jacket, tank under a shirt like Undercover Mama, or a button down top over a tank can help disguise the tummy. Personally I like to use a jean shirt to help hide it as well as a dress with Fit and Flare.
4. Posture – If you stand up straight and push out your chest, it automatically draws in the stomach. Plus it is better for your overall health. The Mayo Clinic has an excellent article about this called Why Is Good Posture Important?
5. Shapewear – Having the correct kind of shapewear can also help give the appearance of a firmer stomach and remind you to pull it in. I can really tell a difference in how the Undercover Mama 360 Slimming evens out my belly button with the rest of my stomach. In addition, it makes my pants lay down flat giving me a more stream lined look.
Any special techniques you use or have used to disguise an “After Baby” Belly? What features of the Undercover Mama tank do you like best?
Whether wanting to cover up your stomach or disguise an “After Baby” belly, Undercover Mama has a wide variety of products in different colors to suit you needs. In addition, they also have nursing bras and top covers.
To see their full line of nursing wear, visit undercovermama.com. Plus be sure to check them out on Facebook facebook.com/Undercover-Mama and Twitter twitter.com/undercover_mama for special offers and new items.
Carlee @ FLL
Thanks to Undercover Mama (2) Two lucky Fun Learning Life readers will win a regular Undercover Mama Tank, this a $24.99 Value!*
To Enter, Please allow for the Rafflecopter form to load below:
* Participates must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the contiguous United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Fun Learning Life is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Undercover Mama Tank Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Fun Learning Life does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor. Fun Learning Life does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.
Bianca Munoz says
Katrina B says
Brittney House says
Ashley turicik says
Ashley C says
Christina O says
Kayla Bergstrom says
Brittany S says
Jessica M says
Jaime Cummings says
Laurie Emerson says