I was given the opportunity the review Denise Austin’s book “Get Energy! Empower Your Body, Love Your Life”. I have to say that this was perfect timing because ever since the holidays, I have gone completely off my usual routine in life. This routine includes working out, eating right, and getting motivated to do many of activities I was doing before.
Well this book is basically a “How To” in getting your energy back. There are tips on increasing energy through breathing, stretching, and daily affirmations. There are great recommendations on eating right, drinking water, and exercise. Plus, there are 2 inserts throughout the book called “Revive in Five!” and “Peace Pockets” which are quick and easy methods to give you a quick dose of energy.
One part of the book that I really liked was a quiz that she has you take in Chapter 2 to access the areas in your life that are draining the most energy or preventing you from getting the energy you need to be productive. Then once you have taken the quiz, based on the answers, she directs you to certain chapters that will help with your problem areas.
Based on my answers from the quiz, some of my problems stem from not getting to bed at a good time because I tend to do all of my paperwork and clean up in the evenings, I have not been active enough because I am so exhausted the next morning from staying up so late, and I definitely have not been drinking enough water so I feel sluggish. I was referred to Chapter 4, “The Building Blocks of All-Day Energy” to help resolve this energy issues.
Another great part in the book is in Chapter 10. Once you have read through the chapters to help you pinpoint the things that are affecting your energy, you input them into “Your Personal Energy Plan Worksheet” which helps delegate things in your life in order to make some personal time for yourself. This way, you can do the things you need to do to get your energy back.
Now that I have finished the book, I am really looking forward to starting the 14 day PEP Plan in Chapter 11. Plus I will be adding the 20-Minute Energy Boosting, Muscle-Firming Workout in Chapter 12 to my workout regimen on the days that I can’t make it to the gym.
If you are interested in finding out more information on, or purchasing this book, check out DeniseAustin.com and for motivational tips and updates check out Denise Austin’s Facebook page.
Plus, here are the details to make searching for this book easier:
Title: Get Energy! Empower Your Body, Love Your Life
Author: Denise Austin
Publisher: Center Street
Publishing Date: 2011
Recommended Price: $16.99
Thanks to the Publisher, 3 lucky At Home Moma readers will also receive a copy of Denise Austin’s “Get Energy! Empower Your Body, Love Your Life” . This giveaway will end Friday February 11, 2011 at 11:59pm EST after which a winner will be chosen via Random.org.
Up to (7) entries per person for this giveaway.
You will need to make an individual entry for each one of the steps below and submit each time, so your entries will count.
The Mandatory Entry
Fill out the entry form with your name and email, Then Hit Submit.
* Become a fan of Denise Austin Online Facebook Page, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit (if you are already a fan, you get the entry also, just follow the directions above) I would love it if you told them At Home Moma sent you.
* Become a fan of At Home Moma’s Facebook Page, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit (if you are already a fan, you get the entry also, just follow the directions above)
* Share this promotion on your Facebook Page by copying this text: Enter to win a copy of Denise Austin’s “Get Energy!” http://ning.it/bXopQi , and then pasting and sharing it on your Facebook Page. Then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Follow At Home Moma through Google Friend Connect Click Here. Then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Become a Twitter Fan of At Home Moma Click Here, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Tweet this Giveaway on Twitter pasting the following text #Contest Enter to #win #giveaway a copy of Denise Austin’s “Get Energy!” @athomemoma @DeniseAustin_ . Then, fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit
Promotion has ended!
*Participates must live in the contiguous United States and odds are based on the number of entries. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Winner of Get Energy!”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. The company providing the giveaway items is responsible for providing and sending the item to the winner. At Home Moma did not receive compensation but was provided an item for free to review. At Home Moma does not sell personal information. At Home Moma does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway.
At Home Moma