My son is really into the presidents, so when I was given the opportunity to review a children’s book about the history of America’s birth, I was excited to see his reaction.
I received Americas Amazing Birth! by Jeff and Lindsay Wendt, a book that is a part of the newly formed series called George and Marty’s Awesome Adventures. The book’s main character George along with his dog Marty take George’s 3 grandchildren Jake, Zach, and Annaliese, on an adventure back in time via an airplane time machine, to see and learn about the birth of the United States.
Starting with angry Colonists revolting against the King, moving onto the Boston Tea Party, then to Paul Revere, and finally ending at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the authors educate the readers about the past in terms that little kids can understand.
My son, who is four, didn’t quite get all of the details, but he really enjoyed looking at the colonial costumes and thought that the Time Traveling Airplane was really neat. And, I would say that by age 6 he would probably be able to understand the content more.
About the authors:
Jeff and Lindsay Wendt reside in rural SouthEast Michigan. They were married in 2008 and through a blended family, they have now have 5 children. They are very proud of this Country and feel blessed to have been born here. They feel by focusing on Three very basic Founding Principles, they can help preserve it for future generations to come! Source Liberty’s Seedlings
To learn more about the book and its authors, visit: Liberty’s Seedlings
Looking for the book? It is available at the main site for purchase Click Here and at Amazon.com.
Here are the details to make searching easier:
Title: George and Marty’s Awesome Adventures America’s Amazing Birth!
Author: Jeff and Lindsay Wendt
Publisher: Dog Ear
Publishing Date: 2010
Recommended Price: $14.95
Thanks to the publisher one lucky At Home Moma reader will also receive a copy of George and Marty’s Awesome Adventures Americas Amazing Birth! by Jeff and Lindsay Wendt . This giveaway will end Wednesday December 29, 2010 at 11:59am EST after which a winner will be chosen via Random.org.
Up to (6) entries per person for this giveaway.
You will need to make an individual entry for each one of the steps below and submit each time, so your entries will count.
The Mandatory Entry
Fill out the entry form with your name and email, Then Hit Submit.
* Become a fan of Liberty’s Seedling’s Facebook Page Click Here, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit (if you are already a fan, you get the entry also, just follow the directions above) I would love it if you told them At Home Moma sent you.
* Become a fan of At Home Moma’s Facebook Page Click Here, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit (if you are already a fan, you get the entry also, just follow the directions above)
* Share this promotion on your Facebook Page by clicking on the Like button below, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Become a Twitter Fan of At Home Moma Click Here, then fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit.
* Tweet this Giveaway on Twitter pasting the following text #Contest Enter to #win #giveaway 16 Free Resolution Cards @athomemoma @libertysseedlin. Then, fill the entry form out again checking this box. Then Hit Submit
The Promotion has ended
*Participates must live in the contiguous United States and odds are based on the number of entries. The winner will be contacted through email with the Subject line “Winner of Children’s Book”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. The company providing the giveaway items is responsible for providing and sending the item to the winner. At Home Moma did not receive compensation for this Giveaway, but was provided a book for free to review. The opinions in this review are my own. At Home Moma does not sell personal information. At Home Moma does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway.
At Home Moma