I turned 40 in September, even before then I began to see the effects of age on my face, neck, and hands.
This is why I needed to take the initiative to improve the appearance of my skin.
The following is a sponsored conversation, and opinions expressed are that of my own. A special thank you goes out to Silk’n ReVit Microdermabrasion System for encouraging me to take better care of my skin.
I am sure all those sleepless nights with my kids, stress from everyday life, and lack of sunscreen in my youth are contributing to those fine lines and loss of firmness. However, I am determined to get the most out of this skin and maintain my youthfulness.
Now I obviously can’t hop over to a plastic surgeon or pay for expensive treatments at my dermatologist (although tempting, but back to reality).
It is up to me to use methods and products that are reasonable to this stay at home mom’s budget.
Most of the time it just requires a few simple actions or changes to make a noticeable difference and here is how I am Encouraging Healthier Looking Skin at Home.*
1. Getting Proper Sleep – If I don’t get enough shut eye, I look drawn and my eyes are dark. Not to mention getting better sleep creates a more positive environment, which in turn reduces stress.
2. Drinking Plenty of Water – The same thing happens when I don’t drink enough water. My skin appears dull and my lips look terrible, it really is a constant battle for me. Recently I downloaded an app to remind me to drink during the day, and adding a little lemon juice keeps the water interesting.
3. Washing My Face Twice A Day – Removing all the dirt and dust that builds up during the day and night is so important. I keep my skin fresher looking by washing twice a day and I also do a scrub on my face 3 times a week.
4. Using Moisturizer at Night Time – After I clean my face at night, I add a moisturizer. Sometimes this is an anti-aging product other times it is olive oil. In addition, I use an anti-aging formula specifically designed for under my eyes.
5. Applying Moisturizer With SPF During the Daytime – Again, once my face is cleaned, one of the first defenses against aging is blocking exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. I do this with a moisturizer with SPF.
6. Limiting my time in the sun – I used to live in the sun as a young person and I am paying the price on my back and chest now. After having a precancerous spot removed, I cover up and limit how long I stay outside. If I do need to stay out longer, I really try to remember to reapply sunscreen.
7. Encourage Healthier Looking Skin at Home with Microdermabrasion – According to Silk’n, Diamond micro-dermabrasion technology combines gentle exfoliation with vacuum stimulation to reveal younger, fresher looking skin. The system comes 3 three tips including Precision, Fine, and Coarse, and has 2 Modes of Suction FULL and PARTIAL. It is intended for Men and Women aged 18+ with all skin types.
To get started with the Silk’n ReVit Microdermabrasion System, please watch the video below first:
In addition if you feel your skin getting irritated, take a break from that area. My eye area is definitely more sensitive so I am treating it less frequently.
* Opinions expressed in “Encouraging Healthier Looking Skin at Home” are that of my own and are not necessarily those of a medical professional. Please consult your dermatologist for any skin problems or specific skin advice.
My results so far with the Silk’n ReVit Microdermabrasion System!
Now I decided to target the areas on my face that I can see definite signs of aging. This includes my forehead, eyes, and laugh lines/cheeks, and after one use with the FINE TIP I could immediately feel smoother skin. After my second use I could really see a difference in the removal of dead skin.
As I have become more comfortable with the system, I upped the suction to the FULL Mode for my forehead and laugh lines/cheeks. I feel like I began to see a change in my cheek’s firmness by the 5th treatment, and I plan on updating this post after using the product for another month.
🌞🌞🌞 Going to be adding something new to my Beauty Routine this week! Just in time because Fall is right around the corner! #ad Stay tuned to funlearninglife.com in order to find out the results of the @SilknSolution Revit Microderm! #HelloRadiance More details here: http://www.fyitrack.com/?A9F866AC . . . . . . . . . #beauty #beautyhacks #microderm #skincare #beautytip #beautyblogger #beautyroutine #makeover #luxury #beautyskin #lifehacks #pretty #takecareofyou #takecareofme #takecareofyourbody #takecareofyourself #beautycare #skincareluxury #beautyproduct #liveboldly #livecolorfully #liveoutloud #dosomethingdifferent #athomespa
What tips do you have for Encouraging Healthier Looking Skin at Home?
Be sure to look for Silk’n products in stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond; Kohl’s, Ulta, and select Target locations.