My oldest is back to school and just like last year he is dressing out for PE. This means he needs to have a sturdy Athletic Shoe that will not only give him proper support, but a good fit, trendy style, and an excellent tread.
A special thank you goes out to DICK’s Sporting Goods ® for sponsoring this post and giveaway as well as providing a gift card to go athletic shoe shopping with a tween participating in PE.
For a little back story, he had a pair of athletic shoes that still fit him from the previous year, but he has definitely put some miles on them over the summer.
Because of the uniform policy at his school, he can have a little more freedom with his sneaker style on PE day.
My husband and I both figured that we’d better go ahead and find a better Athletic Shoe For A Tween to use while he is running, climbing on equipment, and participating in various playground sports.
He could then use the older pair for hanging out in the afternoons and on the weekends until he out grows them.
Now my husband decided to embark on a trip up to Dick’s Sporting Goods with my son to look for an athletic shoe, and to check out what was in-store for the upcoming Football Season.
Not only did they check out the athletic wear, but they also saw backpacks and lunch boxes for the back to school.
Apparently Athletic Shoe Shopping with a Tween is quite the job, because they were gone for a couple hours.
My 10 and half year old is definitely voicing his opinions and developing his own personal style. (FYI, the priority for him was finding a unique and cool looking sneaker).
However after trying on plenty of shoes and various styles, he eventually found his favorite Athletic Shoe For A Tween . He is now the happy owner of a pair of Under Armor Micro G Velocity Running Shoes.
After this adventure, here are Tips For Athletic Shoe Shopping With A Tween Participating In PE!
1. Set a budget in advance – This way your Tween knows how much they can spend.
2. Allow yourself time to shop – They are individuals starting to exert independence, so allow them time to explore.
3. Check the size – Make sure you verify that they do have wiggle room at the toes, and the shoe is not too narrow or wide.
4. Abide by the Dress Code – Review your school’s policy to verify that their shoe is within the guidelines and not a distraction.
5. Get an actual Athletic Shoe – Confirm that the shoe is appropriate for Physical Education and for use on a gym floor.
Looking for Athletic Shoes this year? Please share your best back to school shopping tip below!
Be sure to also check out the name brand athletic shoes like Nike, Under Armor, New Balance and more at Dick’s Sporting Goods!
Plus, enter the giveaway below for 1 of 5 $50 Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Cards!
Carlee @ FLL