“This post was sponsored by Garmin vívoactive and Walmart. All opinions are mine.”
Back in October I purchased a Jogging Stroller to mix up my daily activity. Not only would it be a great way to exercise, but a comfortable way to transport my youngest around.
Thanks to Garmin, I was sent a Garmin vívoactive to review, and it has now become a great motivator to use the stroller as well as an awesome way to help organize my life.
Now you might ask how a device like this could make such difference, and I would respond by saying that it has challenged me to try to beat my steps each day.
In addition, it tracks my workouts, keeps me on top of social media as well as messages, and phones calls, and also helps plan out my week with Google Calendar.
To get started with the vívoactive I first had to charge it via a USB port and download the app Garmin Connect (Android or iPhone). Then it had me customize my profile with my age, gender, and height.
From there I synced it with my mobile device and started to track steps as well as receive notifications. I could also customize the watch itself in the “Settings” option for GPS, Language, Backlight, and Vibration.
Features of the Garmin vívoactive that I immediately found helpful were:
1. Time and Date. (Dependent upon the watch face.)
2. Tracks steps as well as reminds you to keep moving. Plus, it celebrates your activity with daily “fireworks” and badges.
3. Weather Updates by the day and hour. (My husband appreciates me not asking him all the time.)
4. Syncs to Google Calendar. (This is excellent for birthdays and appointments.)
5. Receives notification from texts as well as when the phone is ringing by vibration and a screen transformation.
6. Also receives notifications from Twitter, Facebook, and Gmail.
7. Has a built in phone locator. (As long as you are in range it will page your device.)
8. The Alarm function. Much to my surprise the vibration does wake you up.
Additional features of the Garmin vívoactive include:
- Fitness tracking for activities like running, cycling, swimming (it is water proof), and golf.
- GPS for your exercise route.
- Plays music on mobile device.
- Can be linked with Fitness programs like My Fitness Pal.
- Allows for the watch face to be customized via uploadable apps from the Connect IQ Store.
To see additional features and benefits of this awesome piece of technology visit Garmin vívoactive and check out the video below.
Which features of the Garmin vívoactive do you like best? If you won this prize, who would you give it to (or would you keep it)?
There is so much more that this device can do, I am looking forward to continuing to explore it.
Thanks to Garmin, one lucky Frugal and Fun Mom Reader will win a Garmin vívoactive. This is a $231 Value.
To enter please follow the directions via the Rafflecopter form below!*
* Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY, A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Giveaway starts on 12.2.15 and ends on 12.16.15. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. and 18 years or older as of time of entry. Residents of P.R. are ineligible. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. Participates must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the contiguous United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Frugal and Fun Mom is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Garmin vívoactive Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Frugal and Fun Mom does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor. Frugal and Fun Mom does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.