The following is a sponsored post on behalf of Produce for Kids.
Produce for Kids just launched its annual Get Healthy, Give Hope campaign with Publix supermarkets to help raise money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Now through June 27th 2013, the more produce shoppers add to their purchases, the more funds will be donated. All participating fresh fruit and vegetable suppliers at Publix stores will make a consumption-based donation to local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
To learn more about the campaign, shoppers can visit the Produce for Kids in-store display which includes additional information and links to visit more than 90 easy Ideal Meals recipes online.
Looking for ways to use more Fruit in your dishes? Check out the following recipe from Produce for Kids.
Smoothie Pops Recipe With Fresh Fruit and Yogurt
· 1 large peach or mango, peeled, chopped
· 1 large nectarine, peeled, chopped
· 2 medium bananas, peeled, sliced
· 1 cup strawberries, leaves hulled
· 1 cup blueberries
· ¼ cup orange or fruit juice
· 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
· 16 paper cups
1. Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until just smooth.
2. Place 16 paper cups on a baking tray. Pour smoothie into paper cups. Place tray in freezer and freeze until slushy, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove tray from freezer and insert one popsicle stick into the center of each cup. Return to freezer and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Tear away paper cup and place on plate.
I can’t wait to try this recipe out for myself!